The Mansfield Democratic Town Committee will elect a new DTC at a caucus on January 14th at 8pm at the Audrey Beck Municipal Building (Town Hall) in Council Chambers.
The Mansfield DTC consists of 55 Democrats who are elected to two year terms. The current terms end the first week of March 2014. However, a new DTC must be elected at this caucus.
Duties of members of the DTC include:
- Recommending candidates for all municipal offices.
- Recommending delegates to nominating conventions for statewide and federal elected offices.
- Recommending replacements to fill any vacancies in municipal offices.
- Electing 10 Democratic Justices of the Peace
- Working hard to elect Democratic candidates at all levels
- Actively promoting Democratic values
The Nominating Committee is holding hearings for prospective new members of the DTC on the Monday, January 6th and Thursday, January 9th at Town Hall beginning at 6:30 pm in Conference Room B.
All registered Democrats in Mansfield who have an interest in serving their community, including those who have never served before, may present themselves at these times. However, because only one candidate can be interviewed at a time, you should contact one of the names below to schedule a time, if possible.
For further information, contact either the chair of the Nominating Committee, Jim Mark at 860-429-4625 or the chair of the Mansfield Democratic Town Committee, Mark LaPlaca at 860-315-2868.